Free Post (Depression)

Today I will write about the symptoms and treatments of depression. Some of the mood symptoms would be anxiety, apathy, general discontent, guilt, hopelessness, loss of interest, loss of interest or pleasure in activities, mood swings, or sadness. Also if you pay attention to your body you may also feel excessive hunger, fatigue, loss of appetite, or restlessness. You may also feel agitation, excessive crying, irritability, or social isolation. Your cognitive function or the way you think might be lack of concentration, slowness in activity, or obviously thoughts of suicide. Sometimes you can gain weight or loss weight due do you over eating or starving yourself. It is also common for you to have poor appetite or repeatedly going over thoughts. A few treatments are Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI), Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Antipsychotic, Cognitive behavioural therapy, Behaviour therapy, and Psychotherapy. A medical procedure that is also available is Electroconvulsive therapy and by the name it sounds painful and it is. Basically Electroconvulsive therapy is sending electric currents to your brain causing the brain to have a seizure. That is all the basics you need to know about depression, and do you have depression?

JoanCreative Commons License Female beauty, 23 million views via Compfight

One thought on “Free Post (Depression)

1. I find this post very intriguing . I feel like you brought up some very important and interesting points about depression. I also really like this post because I feel like mental illnesses need more recognition and you showed that in this post. Here is a link to my blog you can come read it if you want http://leahi.edublogs.org/.